- Real gross domestic product increased at an annual rate of 2.1 percent in the fourth quarter of 2016
- In the week ending March 25, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 258,000, a decrease of 3,000 from the previous week’s unrevised level of 261,000. The 4-week moving average was 254,250, an increase of 7,750 from the previous week’s unrevised average of 246,500.
The dollar index extends the journey to the North on the third straight session, manages to close above 100 mark. The dollar made high at 100.60 on Thursday session (Mar 30) resistance seems at 100.65 its 50Dsma and 20Wsma at 101.20. The index retraced 50% of the fall (102.26-98.85) 61.6 fib seems at 100.95. Potential resistance seems between 101/101.20
What’s on today?
- Core PCE index forecast 0.2% vs 0.3%
- Revised UoM Consumer Sentiment forecast 97.8 vs 97.6
- FOMC member Dudley speech and Kashkari speech due